I’m not gonna lie.
Lately, I’ve been disappointed — in general — with what’s out there, fashion wise.
Now that we’re all out and about again, wouldn’t it be nice to do a closet refresh?
Buy a few nice things?
It’s not as easy as it seems.
I have scoured the internet… scoured… and still have had trouble finding things I really love.
So — consider yourself (somewhat) lucky — I’ve done the work for you.
1. NORMA KAMALI Diana Dress, $205. — When Sarah Jessica Parker wore the Diana dress on And Just Like That… it broke the internet and immediately sold out. It’s back in stock… in 11 colors, including the powder blue SJP wore… and my pick, basic black.
2. SLEEPER Atlanta Linen Dress, $320. — Sleeper is great for easy linen dresses you’ll wear over and over again all summer. The Atlanta dress is chic and versatile — you can wear the sleeves up or off the shoulder. Available in 12 color ways, including crisp white and a very pretty pink.
3. STAUD Kai Dress, $325. — I love a halter dress, so flattering on the figure. And this is one of the best ones I’ve seen in a while. Available in black and white. Takes you from day to night.
4. FAITHFULL THE BRAND Carioca Midi Dress, $199. — This is pure joy in a dress. Love a yellow print. Throw it on and go. Can’t beat the price.
5. CIAO LUCIA Gabriela Dress, $315. — This is the day dress I picture myself wearing in Capri this summer with… what else? A Capri sandal. Comes in solid black, white and chili (pictured) plus 6 prints. Lady in red, that's my choice.
6. REFORMATION Nikita Dress, $278. — Looking for a chic LBD you’ll throw on every time you can’t think of what to wear to dinner? This is it.
7. RIXO Sabrina Halter Neck Lapel Dress, $228. — I told you I love a halter dress. This one by Rixo is especially chic. Get it in the Scatter Dot print (pictured) or black.
8. LINGUA FRANCA Willa Cather Linen Dress, $590. — Lingua Franca is best known for its embroidered sweaters — you've seen them, trust me — but I’m a dress girl. So, I was thrilled to see this white dress that still has the DNA of the Lingua Franca I love. PS, this is what it says on the dress: “Oh that’s the beauty of a rose, that it blossoms and then it dies.” –Willa Cather
9. LA LIGNE Bee Dress, $450. — La Ligne makes the best easy peasy dresses and striped sweaters. The Bee Dress has long been my favorite style. Love the cognac and navy print. Also love it in black, but it’s currently sold out. Paging La Ligne, please restock the black in XS!
10. SEA Theodora Apron Dress, $425. — I know I promised no tie-in-the-back, hard-to-put-on dresses, but I just couldn’t resist this one. I love an apron dress. This one comes in a red and black paisley print. I think I can manage the tie in the back.