Marilyn Monroe famously said,
Nothing ruins an outfit faster than bad shoes… and the opposite is true -- great shoes can make an outfit.
Now that we’re heading into fall... well, it’s boots season.
So, look no further —
1. MANOLO BLAHNIK PAMFILO 90 STRETCH-SUEDE KNEE BOOTS, $1375. – These stretchy suede boots are a Manolo Blahnik classic. I bought them in black a hundred years ago and somehow lost them. Time for a new pair. They also come in Beige and Burgundy. I wish I could get all three.
2. ISABEL MARANT DICKER SUEDE ANKLE BOOTS, $560. – These are the famous “cowboy” boots Isabel Marant has been making for years. They’re great with jeans, a dress, just about anything – comfortable, perfect for weekends.
3. ZIMMERMANN PATENT ANKLE BOOT, $1100. – I was just in the Zimmermann flagship on Madison Avenue this week and came across these chicer than chic midnight blue patent leather boots. Also available in Bordeaux and Rust.
4. LOEWE PLEATED BUCKLE BOOT, $1200. – There’s something very modern Pilgrim about these boots and I’m completely into them. I’m heading to Paris next week and so, well, I’ll be at the Loewe on Avenue Montaigne to try these on!
5. GABRIELA HEARST LUTHER BOOT, $1390. – I’m not sure if these are too “Big Bird” or if I could actually pull them off, but I love them. The color is genius.
6. KHAITE CALGARY BOOT, $1240. – A good friend of mine just bought these at Kirna Zabête in East Hampton and now I’m thinking I may need to pull a “Single White Female” and get them myself. Shown in Caramel Suede; also comes in Dark Brown, White and Black Leather.
7. JW ANDERSON CHAIN-EMBELLISHED RAIN BOOTS, $450. – Rubber rain boots have come a long way, baby! I’m not sure how practical these are, but they are made of rubber, and you’ll look good walking in puddles wearing these.
8. ULLA JOHNSON ETNA BOOT, $550. – These boots were designed in collaboration with Diemme, an Italian footwear brand known for its performance boots. Functional and fun.
9. CELINE PATAPANS LACE UP BOOT IN CANVAS ARMY GREEN, $690. – On the shoe front, Celine is probably more well known for its '70s style knee-high leather boots, but there’s something about these canvas army green boots I just love – can’t explain it, but they're kinda fabulous.
10. ALAÏA 130 LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS, $1550. – Don’t laugh, I used to wear these as my “snow boots” … I own them in grey suede and I’m still kicking myself for not buying the original version (frankly, better) in black. Needless to say, these are super chic when worn with an Alaïa dress.
These boots are my ultimate, pie-in-the-sky, wish-I-could-have-all-of-them boots.
Like some of you, I’ll be waiting until sale time to buy, or I’ll look for a version that’s not quite as expensive as the ones listed above.
But maybe – just maybe – I’ll splurge on one pair. Will let you know if I do!