By the time this story lands in your inbox, I’ll be in Paris (with any luck).
At the moment, however, I’m still packing — and my biggest conundrum is which bags should I take?
These suitcases (plural) only hold so much.
That got me thinking – what bags should I be looking out for while I’m in the fashion capital of the world?
1. GUCCI DIANA MINI TOTE BAG, $2650. – The House of Gucci has reimagined this iconic favorite of the late Princess Diana. And it’s all the rage. Today’s version comes in multiple colors and sizes. I love the mini in light blue.
2. BOTTEGA VENETA PADDED CASSETTE IN CINNABAR, $3200. – If you follow fashion, you’ve seen this bag before – on editors, on women everywhere. I have it in black, but I’m sort-of obsessed with this new color – Cinnabar – for fall.
3. BOTTEGA VENETA MINI JODIE, $2350. – Bottega Veneta really makes the best bags. How chic is this shearling mini? Comes in three colors: Mystic, Teddy, and Lollypop.
4. SAINT LAURENT MANHATTAN CROC-EFFECT PATENT-LEATHER SHOULDER BAG, $2250. – Not to be a snob or anything, but normally I don’t like “croc-effect” bags – however, this Saint Laurent shoulder bag really caught my eye. I’ll be checking it out in Paris.
5. DRIES VAN NOTEN VELVET-TRIMMED FEATHER-EMBELLISHED SATIN CLUTCH, $1190. – Dries Van Noten is known for his use of color and this bag is a perfect example of that. I would pair this clutch with a black cocktail dress and strappy sandals… or slouchy black sweater and leather culottes.
6. STAND STUDIO LUCILLE BICOLOR FAUX-FUR TOTE BAG, $365. – I love Stand Studio faux-fur coats, so it’s no surprise that I’m obsessed with the bags, too. This tote is perfect for weekends.
7. THE ROW HALF MOON HOBO BAG IN CALFSKIN LEATHER, $1290. – Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, designers of The Row, are known for their simple, luxe handbags. They’re nominated (again) this year for CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year -- they’ve won multiple times.
8. GUCCI DAHLIA MESSENGER BAG, $2100. – I love a great crossbody bag and this one is my favorite for fall. I love the ‘70s vibe and camel color.
9. HERMÈS 1994 TOILE & PECARI KELLY SELLIER 32 WITH STRAP, €14,250 – If you’re not familiar with Hermès, well, let’s just say it’s the “Rolls Royce” of all handbags. Each one handmade and takes two days to complete, hence the sky-high price. Very few of them are made each year, which is why the market for vintage Hermès is so hot. If you click on the link, it’ll take you to Re-SEE, which is an incredible e-commerce site for all things fashion. Their vintage dresses are amazing and well-priced.
10. HERMÈS 2021 KELLY POCHETTE IN MENTHE WITH GOLD HARDWARE, $20,950. – To be clear, I’m not asking you to buy these Hermès bags (!!!) – I simply want you to appreciate the beauty of these miniature works of art. Came across this one last night while perusing 1stDibs, and wow – just wow.
Stay tuned for my dispatches from Paris next week… enjoy your weekend and see you on Tuesday!