With Thanksgiving 2021 firmly in the books (hope you had a great one!), we have officially entered the holiday season... and you know what that means: time to holiday shop.
Looking for a chic, luxurious, unique gift that won’t break the bank?
Don’t fret — there’s something for everyone here — for $300 or less.
1. PAUL ARNHOLD GLASS BUD VASE, $200-$225. — Something you don’t think to buy for yourself, but wouldn’t you love receiving this? I have Paul Arnhold vases everywhere in my apartment and I treasure them all — pure happiness in a vase.
2. CAROLINA HERRERA FLORAL CHAIN DROP EARRINGS, $290. — Did you know that Paul Arnhold’s husband is Wes Gordon, creative director of Carolina Herrera? Talk about a power couple. I’m loving everything Wes is doing these days, including these fabulous statement earrings. Save a pair for me.
3. FURBISH STUDIO I’M DEFINITELY A CARRIE PILLOW, $100. — In honor of the upcoming reboot of Sex and the City, I hereby declare this needlepoint pillow the most fun fashionista gift of 2021. If this one is not for you, Furbish Studio has others, with sayings like, “Mom, I am a rich man,” and “Santa baby, I want a yacht. And really, that’s not a lot.”
4. BOTTEGA VENETA CARD CASE, $290. — Your credit cards will never be happier than they are inside this hot pink patent leather card case by Bottega Veneta. If you pick this up at Kirna Zabete (you should!) and you want a more subtle version, KZ also has the same one in burgundy — equally chic.
5. SYNFUL EATS COMBINATION COOKIE BOX, $60. — My philosophy on holiday gifts is you can’t go wrong with food. Especially cookies. Especially cookies made by Synful Eats, the dessert company started by my sweet (pun intended) friend, Beth Kojima. Synful Eats is beautifully packaged, but here’s the best part — the cookies and brownies are insanely good, too. Like, the best I’ve ever had. Delivery in NYC every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And in the Hamptons every Saturday.
6. GARRETT CHINGERY THE ARK PAINTINGS, $300. — Where are you going to find original artwork — paintings, no less — for $300? Garrett Chingery’s The Ark series is so charming. These acrylic paintings are 11” x 14” — my personal favorites are Giant Panda Purple and Giraffe Brown.
7. ORGANIC BY JOHN PATRICK BIAS LONG SLIP DRESS, $195. — Did you catch my story on designer John Patrick this summer? He sells one hundred of these slip dresses every single day. There’s a reason why — it’s the perfect throw on, travel-with-it-and-it-doesn’t-wrinkle dress on the market. I wear mine all the time with an Organic by John Patrick cropped cashmere cardigan.
9. LOEWE SCARF IN WOOL AND MOHAIR, $270. — I first saw this scarf in Paris last month and have been obsessing about it ever since. Comes in light grey, shocking pink, orange, white and black. If you’re looking to buy me a gift, I’ll take this scarf in black, please.
10. ALEX MILL THE PERFECT TRAVEL TOTE, $250. — This tote really lives up to its name: the perfect take-everywhere tote. Great for a weekend away. Well, for most people. I usually pack a big suitcase. Streamlined packing is not my strong suit. Still, I’d find a way to use this tote. Great unisex gift.