We all have a side hustle.
My side hustle is giving advice to my friends on all things style and travel related — what to wear… where to shop or dine while on vacation… what to buy as a gift… you get the picture.
In fact, I’m asked so often… I keep a pre-prepared list in my iPhone notes of places to go and things to see in places like Paris, Capri and, of course, New York.
Cut… Paste… Send.
I tell you this because when I started to think about what kind of content you might want to see here on Cho & Tell… I sought out the opinions of people I trust… and a close friend of mine said, “You know, I’d pay to see a style guide from you.”
That got me thinking. Why not take a crack at it?
Starting with THE DRESS... my favorite thing to wear... zip and go.
Here are my TOP 10 DRESSES TO BUY THIS SUMMER:
1. LA DOUBLE J ARTEMIS DRESS, $930. – I’m obsessed with this maxi dress and La Double J in general – the designer is JJ Martin, an American fashion writer-turned-designer based in Milan. You can see how La Dolce Vita influences her work. Check out her home line as well!
2. MY SLEEPING GYPSY PROVENCE DRESS, $390. – I originally bought this dress as a beach coverup, but I loved it so much (and it’s so easy to wear) that I put it on for dinner the other night and, well, I’m hooked.
3. ZIMMERMANN ESTELLE SPLICED MIDI DRESS, $750. – I had a fun dinner party to go to on Saturday night and “needed” a dress, so I went to Zimmermann in East Hampton. This one reminds me of Capri – my favorite place in the world.
4. VALENTINO COLLEZIONE MILANO ORANGE DRESS, $3540. – Hamptons Magazine hosted a dinner in June for its Best Dressed List recipients… Valentino sponsored… and offered to dress me in this beyond gorgeous shift dress. I’ll have it in my closet forever.
6. MICHAEL KORS COLLECTION BELTED HALTER SHIRTDRESS, $762. – This is my other go-to dress when I can’t think of what to wear AND it’s hot outside. I wear a lot of Michael’s clothes for work and play.
8. SLEEPER BRIGITTE BELTED LINEN MIDI DRESS, $290. – This is the perfect summer day dress and/or beach coverup. I own it in khaki, but now that I’m seeing it in midnight blue, I might have to get this one, too.
9. ALTUZARRA ROMY DRESS, $449. – I’ve had my eye on this dress all summer… need to get my hands on it before it’s completely sold out!
10. RODARTE PRINTED SILK DRESS, SOLD OUT – If you love this dress, like I do, apologies… it’s sold out! I got mine at Saks and plan to wear it very, very soon!
Hope you liked my first attempt at a style guide… what do you think?
*If you like what you see and want to see more, click subscribe below!*