I don’t know about you, but I’m getting ready to go on a trip… far, far away.
I leave in less than a week for Europe and that’s got me thinking… what should I pack?
There’s dresses, sandals, and swimsuits, of course…
But this list isn’t about that.
It’s about the stuff you don’t think about… the stuff that will ensure the “getting there” part is as comfy as possible.
I mean, you don’t actually use the blanket they give you on the plane, do you?
What about a phone charger adapter that works internationally or noise cancellation earbuds, so you don’t get overly tired during flight?
Fair warning — some of these things are a bit pricey.
So, if you like the item, search for something similar online.
Trust me, I get it — we’re all on a budget.
I’m just giving you what I think is the very best.
Here you go:
1. BOSE QUIETCOMFORT NOISE CANCELLING EARBUDS, $279. — Let me just say, I don’t get on a plane without these in my bag. They are billed as the world’s most effective noise cancelling earbuds, and they truly are. Effective at reducing fatigue during flight. Trust me on this.
2. TUMI 2 PORT USB POWER ADAPTER, $60. — Traveling internationally? You definitely need this to charge your iPhone and laptop. Super durable. I’ve had mine for as long as I can remember.
3. SOFIA CASHMERE SLEEPY AERO TRAVEL SET, $395. — I never use the blankets they give you on the plane, unless it’s a big fluffy comforter that looks very, very clean. So, I always take my own blanket. And there’s nothing better than wrapping yourself in cozy cashmere. Love the eye mask, too. PS — if you don’t need the blanket, put it in the zip-up carrying case and use that as a pillow.
4. HERITAGE STORE ROSEWATER & GLYCERIN HYDRATING FACIAL MIST, $4.69 — Almost every top makeup artist has this in their kit. This rosewater spray smells amazing, is hydrating and locks in your makeup. I’ve been obsessed for years. Get the 2 oz. travel size.
5. SMYTHSON LARGE SQUARE TRINKET CASE, $355. — One item I always take whether I’m going away for a weekend, or a long trip overseas is this Smythson jewelry case. Fits my watch, all my earrings and necklaces and doesn’t take up a lot of room.
6. ISTEAM STEAMER, $29.97 — I stayed at a close friend’s house in DC recently and needed to steam a dress. She brought up this steamer and I couldn’t believe how well it worked. It’s compact, easy to use and easy enough to pack.
7. BIRDIES THE ROBIN FAUX FUR SLIPPERS, $65. — I recently got these slippers as a gift and love, love, love them. Great for the plane… and your hotel room.
8. LA MER THE TREATMENT LOTION HYDRATING MASK, 6 masks for $175. — I’ve tried a lot of sheet masks in my day and, in my opinion, these ones by La Mer are the best of the best. Great to use on night one of your holiday. Put it on just before you go to bed, and you’ll wake up glowing.
9. HAVIANAS SLIM FLIP FLOPS, $26. — Havianas are famously the most comfortable flip flops on the market. I own several pairs. When I go on vacation, I take one gold pair and one silver pair, and I’m covered.
10. ORGANIC BY JOHN PATRICK VISOR, $95. — I love a great visor because you can wear it and still lie down on a beach towel. No big brim in the back to contend with. This one by Organic by John Patrick goes with everything and has a Velcro closure.