With Memorial Day weekend just a week away… and summer just around the corner…
I don’t know about you, but I’m dreaming of going to Italy in July.
And, in order to be ready for my summer travels, I need a proper summer wardrobe.
First on the list: a great, comfy platform wedge sandal in nude.
Any woman will tell you, wearing a nude shoe elongates the leg… and nude goes with just about everything.
But I’m not talking about a sandal with a heel… no, no, no.
I'm on the hunt for a wedge sandal, preferably with a platform for height.
Not as easy to find as you think.
But I’ve done my homework, so you don’t have to…
Designer options and shoes under $99. for the girl on a budget.
Here you go.
1. CASTAÑER JULIA PLATFORM SANDALS, $335. — I own Castañer espadrilles in neutral and black in different heel heights. This year’s Julia sandal is my favorite of the season. I’ll be taking them to Italy.
2. PALOMA BARCELÓ EYEN NAPASILK NOCCIOLA PLATFORM WEDGE SANDALS, $445. — Speaking of Italy, I discovered Paloma Barceló sandals in Capri a few years ago and I’m totally hooked. They are hands down the most comfortable platform wedge sandals I have ever worn. And I’ve tried my fair share.
3. CASTAÑER CARINA 80 SUEDE WEDGE ESPADRILLES, $190 — Here’s a great closed-toe option from Castañer. Love the color, a perfect match for tanned skin.
4. TOM’S WILLOW PLATFORM SANDALS, $89.95 — Though Tom’s no longer subscribes to the “buy-one-give-one” philosophy that made the company famous, it does still give away one third of its profits. Good enough for me and reason enough to buy these sandals. Love the lower heel height, the color (Honey), and the price!
5. SOREL CAMERON FLATFORM SANDALS, $129.95 — While we’re on the subject of lower heel heights, it’s worth looking at these Sorel sandals with the hook-and-loop strap closure and rubber sole. Good to wear when you know you’ll be on your feet all day.
6. ALEXANDRE BIRMAN CLARITA KNOTTED PLATFORM SLIDE SANDALS, $450 — If you love Birkenstocks for the comfort but feel the look is too “crunchy”, these are the sandals for you. Get them in pink stone.
7. KENNETH COLE OLIVIA ESPADRILLE WEDGE PLATFORM SANDALS, $94.95 — Honestly, these sandals look much more expensive than they are. I’d buy them if they still had them in my size!
8. CALVIN KLEIN THEA ESPADRILLE PLATFORM WEDGE SANDALS, $99. — These sandals are great because they’re almost flatforms, which means they give you height, but you feel like you’re wearing a flat.
9. VALENTINO VLOGO SIGNATURE CALFSKIN WEDGE SANDALS, $980. — I know, I know — it’s hard to look past the price. But this is Valentino — the Rolls Royce of luxury brands. And these shoes are beautiful.
10. GIANVITO ROSSI PORTOFINO 85 SUEDE WEDGE SANDALS, $815. — Portofino – what a brilliant name for a sandal! I don’t own these myself, but one of my besties does and swears by them. She says they’re really comfy. They better be for the price!