From Lil Nas X to BTS to Olivia Rodrigo, the Grammys — the music industry’s biggest night — never disappoints.
On the performance front.
On the red carpet, well… let’s just say it wasn’t the Oscars.
Some of the outfits looked more like costumes than gowns.
More clown-like than chic.
But there were a few standouts.
1. Saweetie in VALENTINO: A year ago, I hadn’t even heard of Saweetie. Now, she’s one of the biggest performers on the planet. She walked the red carpet not once but twice. Look #1: this chic hot pink custom Valentino bra tap, ball skirt and opera gloves.
2. Saweetie in OSCAR DE LA RENTA: Saweetie red carpet look #2: this show-stopping custom Oscar de la Renta gown. Co-Creative Director, Fernando Garcia, told me he only started sketching it a week ago. The gown was completed in four days. And it’s my pick for best of the night.
3. Justin Bieber in BALENCIAGA and Hailey Bieber in SAINT LAURENT: The Biebers’ stylist, Karla Welch, posted a photo of Justin and Hailey Bieber on the red carpet with this: #iconsonly — I don’t disagree. This is a couple who knows how to make an entrance.
4. Lady Gaga in ARMANI PRIVÉ: This 13-time Grammy Award winner always comes through with old Hollywood glamour. And more and more, she’s choosing Armani Privé for the red carpet.
5. Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast in VALENTINO HAUTE COUTURE: Cute, chic, and cheerful. And it’s Valentino. Love the color. That’s all.
6. Lil Nas X in BALMAIN: Fashion wise, Lil Nas X is a lot like Timothée Chalamet. He always pushes boundaries on the red carpet. He wins. Fashion wins. We all win.
7. Cynthia Erivo in LOUIS VUITTON: Cynthia Erivo is becoming quite a presence on the red carpet. She dazzled in this custom Louis Vuitton silver gown.
8. Dua Lipa in ATELIER VERSACE: Dua Lipa, who often wears custom Versace on the red carpet, chose vintage Versace for the Grammys. And not just any vintage Versace. She wore one of the fashion house’s iconic bondage dresses.
9. Rachel Zegler in DIOR HAUTE COUTURE: This star of West Side Story turned up at the Grammys just a week after snagging a last-minute invite to the Oscars. She wore custom Dior Haute Couture to both. A red-carpet newcomer, Zegler knows how to rock a gown.
10. BTS in LOUIS VUITTON: Don’t mind me, but I’m feeling some Korean pride for BTS, the first K-Pop band ever nominated for a Grammy (for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance). I also happen to love their coordinating Louis Vuitton suits.