There definitely have been plenty of red carpets since COVID, but I can’t explain it – there was something about last night’s SAG Awards red carpet that felt different.
Because it felt, well, normal.
Given what we’ve been through over the past two years, I’ll take normal.
In fact, it feels pretty damn great.
The Screen Actors Guild Awards celebrate individual and ensemble performances in both TV and film.
An awards show honoring only actors.
That means lots of big stars. And lots of eye-popping gowns.
Did you miss the festivities? Well, here’s a roundup of the best gowns you missed...
1. Jung Ho-Yeon in LOUIS VUITTON: The star of Squid Game not only looked smashing in this custom Louis Vuitton (she's a brand ambassador), she also picked up the award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series. So, she sparkled on stage, too.
2. Lady Gaga in ARMANI PRIVÉ: Lady Gaga, star of House of Gucci, turned up in... Armani? Red carpet shocker of the night. She looked sublime, though.
3. Ariana DeBose in VALENTINO HAUTE COUTURE: This was Ariana DeBose's night. DeBose won Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for her portrayal of Anita in West Side Story. This Valentino Haute Couture is the gown of a winner.
4. Cate Blanchett in ARMANI PRIVÉ: Cate Blanchett always pushes boundaries on the red carpet and this Armani Privé is Exhibit A. Hottest gown of the night. I'd wear it if I could get my hands on it.
5. Saniyya Sidney in ZUHAIR MURAD: Hard to believe Saniyya Sidney, who plays Venus Williams in King Richard, is just 15 years old. Look at how graceful she looks in this Zuhair Murad. Fabulous color. She looked radiant.
6. Caitríona Balfe in SAINT LAURENT: l had my eye on Caitríona Balfe, star of Belfast, before she even hit the carpet because I knew Karla Welch would be styling her. Most high fashion choice of the night. Great color. Perfect accessories.
7. Reese Witherspoon in SCHIAPARELLI: Those who know me won't be surprised by this choice. Schiaparelli, under the artful direction of Daniel Roseberry, is one of my favorite fashion houses right now. This dress has it all: chic, with a pop of color... and the slightest bit of edge.
8. Selena Gomez in OSCAR DE LA RENTA: Stylist Kate Young always hits it out of the park, but this Oscar de la Renta gown and Bulgari necklace combination is sheer perfection. In case you're wondering, the necklace is worth one million dollars.
9. Julianna Margulies in VINTAGE NARCISO RODRIGUEZ from SHRIMPTON COUTURE: According to Cherie Balch, owner of Shrimpton Couture, Julianna Margulies's stylist bought this Narciso Rodriguez gown for her client in 2012. Just love that she had it in her closet for a decade and decided to wear it on this big night. Bold choice. Smart.
10. Emilia Jones in GIVENCHY HAUTE COUTURE: Emilia Jones, star of CODA (my favorite film of this awards season), literally shined in this Givenchy Haute Couture. It's unconventional, yes, but that's what I love about it. PS, if you haven't seen her in the movie, you're truly missing out.
Who were your favorites? Let me know!